How to Become a Foreign Dentist in the UK

Are you a talented dentist from abroad looking to practice in the United Kingdom? The General Dental Council (GDC) is the regulatory body for dentists in the UK, and they have a registry that allows dentists to practice without supervision. However, if your qualifications are not recognized by the GDC, you can still apply for the Overseas Registration Examination (ORE). This is a one-year training program that even dentists from universities in the UK must complete if they want to work in the NHS. SpaDental understands that many foreign dentists would like to work in the UK, and we are here to help you make that dream a reality. The first step is to check with the GDC to see if your qualifications are recognized.

If they are not, then you can apply for the ORE. This is the only way for foreign dentists to gain recognition and be able to practice in the UK. You can find all of the information you need on their website. Most foreign dentists choose to take the second step and obtain a master's degree while preparing for the ORE.

This is a great way to get a head start on your career in the UK. There are also several groups that offer support and guidance for foreign dentists who are preparing for the ORE.

Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked *